Last year had been harsh to everyone. The pandemic brought changes to our lives that no one of us was expecting. So many of us lost our jobs, losses in businesses, went through depression and of course no need to mention about the fight against deadly Covid-19. But as it is said a new day awaits after every sunset, the pandemic brought some positive changes too. We got time for our hobbies, for our families and for the dream that was sleeping quietly in mind since long. The dream of starting something of own, may be a small tea joint, a DIY YouTube channel, a painting store, trying hands on make up or may be a beautiful nursery with a selling point of indoor plants. The small business ideas bloomed. Relating the same, the existing small businesses got excited to apply the best small business marketing strategies to attract more and more clients, to increase their sell gradually and manage the losses faced during the pandemic.
In this article we will be discussing the best marketing strategies for small businesses which anyone can apply with least hassle. But first let’s check out on how to start a small business based at your home itself.
The ocean was not formed in one day!
To achieve something big, you need to start from the basic. But without doing something practically, no matter how small your step is, just by thinking about it you will not be able to achieve anything any day! So it is important to take your first step towards your goal and home is never an unsuitable place for this.
Product based small business: If you are thinking of how to start a home based business which is any product related, then of course you need to have the availability of the product whether you are the manufacturer or a reseller. Along with that you need to take care of the product’s packaging, labeling, shipping etc. along with the required registrations related with the product.
Service based small business: Now a days as most of the business services have gone digital, if you want to start a service related business you will definitely need a laptop or a desktop. If you want to start from home itself, minimum requirements will be- a home office setup with table, chair and probably a wardrobe or book shelf. An internet connection is a must. You and your team need to expertise in the services you are providing. Approaching clients, making people understand your service, setting packages, following up include the process. Registration of your service providing firm is also important.
The best marketing strategies for small business:
Now comes the harder part- selling and marketing. Convincing clients is never a piece of cake. You need to be tricky, wise, smart and honest at the same time. The following strategies might work in boosting your homegrown small business ideas and approaches.
- Digital marketing: Digital marketing is one of the best small business marketing strategies in recent times. Social media and other online platforms have bridge the gap between the seller and the customers. The ecommerce industry has recently got a boom with the advancement of digitalization. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social media channels have made advertisement and promotion easier.
- Attending trade shows: Trade shows, exhibitions are places where large numbers of people gather. So it is an ideal location to promote your product. Here you get to connect with the customers directly and know their feedback too.
- Ad in print media: Print media is the strongest and the most widely used among the traditional methods of marketing. This basically includes advertisement in newspapers and magazines. Brochures and flyers are also a part of this marketing category. Billboards and posters are also used to reach potential customers on the move. Advertisements on posters in airports, train stations, shopping malls or at any crowded place allow large number of consumers reach the displayed ad.
- Door to door visit: Some small to large companies uses this method to promote new products to the consumers. Door to door visit to the households, retail stores, shopping malls etc. and introducing new or updated products is done by the sales person and if the consumer or the reseller likes the product they place order for bulk delivery.
- Distribution of sample: This is a very effective marketing strategy specially for the new establishments. People do not want to easily trust or try a new brand in the market. However no one dislikes free goods. So giving samples and taking feedback for the same is a good way to make people try your product and if they like they can purchase after that. You can even ask people to try your free sample and if they like give a review on the social platforms which will allow more people to know about your product.
Above are some of the popular small business marketing strategies. However, big companies are also seen taking up these ideas and do promotion for their products. So, if you are on the virtue of starting a business of your own, these methods are a must try.